Hello all! I’m back in your inbox this summer morning with everything you need to know about what’s happening in Bedford.
First, today’s weather:
A bit of afternoon rain. High: 82 Low: 67.
Here’s to our premier local sponsors. Check out what they can do for you:
- Bedford Parents of young athletes: looking for a way to give your athlete a competitive edge? Check out Redline Athletics — a youth performance center focused on injury prevention, speed, strength and agility training. Redline Athletics offers membership based comprehensive programs for athletes ages 8-18 in all sports. Give your athlete the foundation needed to excel with confidence. Visit Redline Athletics here and grab their limited presale promo for 10% off for the life of your membership.
- Are you a Bedford resident interested in going solar? Alex Wellman at Sunrun Solar can help. Alex is a local expert dedicated to making the process of going solar as easy as possible — whether you’re environmentally-conscious and looking for a more reliable energy source, or on a fixed-income and may think solar is out of reach. Beat rising utility costs with energy from the sun without increasing your household budget. For more information or a no-obligation consultation, contact Alex today.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- A man from New Hampshire man and a business partner from Irvine, California are facing Federal charges for allegedly fraudulently obtaining $5 million in funds. The indictment charged Joshua Leavitt, 40, with misusing $2 million in payroll protection loans, and $3 million in a Small Business Administration program through more than a half-dozen companies they owned and operated. You can read more about this story here: (Subscription/ The Union Leader)
- Wednesday night is “Ladies Night” for women surfers who are out catching waves on Jenness Beach. Jill Armstrong of the Union Leaders’ NH Outside column said the late afternoon surfing lessons and sessions began “when a group of energetic women, tired of just watching their kids surf, decided to build their own surf group.” With their enthusiasm, the weekly program “grew organically.” You can read more about this story here: (Subscription/The Union Leader)
- If you’re looking for something to do in Bedford this weekend, “Patch has you covered!” From free paint night to the Buzz Book Club, there’s always something new going on in our area. On Saturday, July 9 at 10:30 a.m., have breakfast at the Bedford Public Library at the Breakfast Buzz Book Club for Ages 8-12. Join the discussion middle grade books for ages 8-12, make laminated bookmarks, and enjoy breakfast treats! Registration is required. And also on Saturday, The Canvas Roadshow/ Hammer & Stain is having a public DIY Workshop. where you can choose an unfinished project of your choice and turn it into a “personalized artistic creation>” Fine out more about these, and other nearby events here: (Bedford Patch)
Help us make this newsletter better!
Thanks for your positive feedback about the Bedford Daily. We’d like to make the Daily even better! Take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news and events you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you soon.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at email@example.com